Here are links to other interesting vintage technology websites:
General Vintage Computing
- Erik Klein’s Vintage Computer Site – Good discussion forum
- S-100 Computers – Everything (and I mean everything!) you ever wanted to know about S-100 cards
- Dave’s Old Computers – ImageDisk and Teledisk available here and good source for system disk images
- PocketTerm by Briel Computing – I really need to get one of these!
- Maben S100 – This might be the slowest site in the world but it’s full of scanned documenatation and archived software.
- Harte Technologies – Lots of scanned manuals for vintage systems here
- Herb’s Retrotechnology Page – Great vintage technology resources for CP/M and other S-100 systems. The floppy drive alignment and repair manuals have been very helpful.
- Retro Computing Archive – Commercial CP/M software repository
- Humongous CP/M Software Archives – Very large collection of CP/M software (and who doesn’t love green on black text)
- Unofficial CP/M Web Site – Good source for original CP/M source code and other CP/M materials
- CP/M Software – Lots of good CP/M software here for various CP/M systems
- Z80Pack – Best CP/M simulator software out there and runs on Linux, OSX and Windows. I use this for all of my CP/M development work.
- Gaby’s – Good CP/M site with Z-System and Z-Node software
- N8VEM Home Brew Computer – Build your own CP/M system from the ground up.
Apple II Sites
- A2Central – Great site for what’s happening in the Apple II community right now.
- ADTPro – Software application for transferring disk images to/from your Apple II from a modern PC. Works on just about any OS.
- Underground //e – Lots of really cool Apple II projects like the Essential Data Duplicator (mostly in French so link is through Google Translate)
- Apple Logic – Lots of scanned Apple manuals
- Brutal Deluxe – Group of still active Apple II programmers who are always releasing interesting stuff
- 6502 Lane – Apple blog
- Virtual ][ – The best dang Apple II emulator out there – OSX only.
- MICROCode Consulting – Authors of the KayPLUS ROM and QP/M which are both good CP/M replacement modules
Heath-Zenith Z-100 Sites
- Z-100 Lifeline – Great site that helped me get my Z-100 up and running
- Z-100 Repairs – Some good info on repairing a Z-100
- SEBHC – Site dedicated to Heath-Zenith systems like the Z-100, H-8 and H-89
Miscellaneous Vintage Sites
- MightyFrame – Interesting information on some 80’s era Sys V mainframes
- Unix: Old School – How to emulate original UNIX on a Raspberry Pi using SIMH
- SIMH – Good emulator for emulating older VAX, PDP and UNIX systems
- Textfiles.org – All of those great G-Philes preserved!